ANCI Toscana Presentation
1 - Can you identify the role and missions of your organization?
2 - Why are you participating in the WINTER MED project?
3 - What is the economic weight of tourism for your region?
4 - What are the high periods of tourist attendance?
5 - What projects or actions have you implemented to make tourism more sustainable?
6 – Have you set up tourism sustainability monitoring tools?
7 – Do you have ways to reduce the negative impacts on the environment, culture, society?
ANCI Tuscany provides to tourism destinations the appropriate instruments to plan and govern sustainable and responsible M&C tourism and to tackle the problems of the high seasonality impacting the territorial competitiveness and sustainability in M&C areas. In particular, through WINTER MED ANCI provides the municipalities of the Tuscan archipelago programming tools and instruments to develop new destination strategies and development plans, in close cooperation of other MED island destinations, that will be included in the overall regional strategy for the tourism sector.
8 - What measures do you recommend to ensure responsible and sustainable growth?
- set up the regulatory framework that will facilitate and promote the sustainable management of the tourist destination
- identify and protect cultural and natural habitats of M&C tourist destinations
- rise awareness on sustainable and responsible tourism among local population and tourists
- secure funding for developing and implementing sustainable tourism projects for public and private actors
- implement actions to reduce the consumption and achieve high resource efficiency